The UN Global Compact Network in Ukraine is the official representative of the UN Global Compact Network, which is a voluntary initiative that promotes corporate social responsibility among the global business community. The objectives and priority areas for the application of efforts are formulated in the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
DTEK adheres to the principles of sustainable social development and, since 2007, has been a signatory to the UN Global Compact, joining the Global Compact alliance in Ukraine in 2010.
“The development of society, people, cities and the preservation of the environment is an important task for any business. We must join forces to set the example for responsible business practices. In this way, we will be able to expand the circle of Ukrainian companies that share and follow the UN principles of sustainable development. This year, DTEK will implement a new long-term development strategy, which is based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals and complies with the principles of ESG: Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance”, said DTEK CEO Maxim Timchenko.
“The UN Global Compact team in Ukraine, following the election of a supervisory board, enlisted the support of major Ukrainian and international businesses, leading public organizations and educational leaders. Now, through joint efforts, we will fulfill global goals and by our own example show how responsible business can become more successful,” said Tatiana Sakharuk, chairman of the board of the UN Global Compact Network in Ukraine.
The Supervisory Board also includes:
- Zachary Taylor, Head of UN Resident Coordinator's Office in Ukraine,
- Alexander Savruk, Dean of Kyiv Mohyla Business School,
- Iryna Ivanchyk, Founder of fund "Believe in Yourself",
- Zoya Lytvyn, Head of a non-governmental organization “Osvitoria”,
- Volodymyr Kostyuk, Executive Director of Farmak JSC,
- Evgeny Shevchenko, CEO of Carlsberg Ukraine,
- Vitalii Vereshchagin, CEO of Caparol Ukraine,
- Sergey Sozanovsky, cofounder of FILM.UA Group.