DTEK launches a network of high-speed electric vehicle charging stations - STRUM
DTEK energy company has launched a network of high-speed electric vehicle charging stations under the brand name STRUM. The average charging time at innovative charging stations will range between 25 and 50 minutes only, depending on technical parameters and condition of the battery of an electric vehicle. The creation of such infrastructure will promote the development of electric vehicles in Ukraine.
The first eight stations have already started operating in Kyiv in a testing mode. The charging stations are located at car parks of the capital’s largest shopping malls and business centres, and also at filling stations operated by one of the Ukrainian networks. By the end of June, the number of the charging stations will increase up to 10 (see a list below).
DTEK’s future plans include the installation of high-speed chargers at motorways connection Kyiv with the largest Ukrainian cities. As a result, electric car owners will get an opportunity for long-distance travelling without making long stops.
STRUM charging stations, which have capacity of 50 kW, allow charging an electric vehicle many times faster as compared to a regular socket or low-capacity AC charging stations of previous generation. On average, 15 to 20 min charging time will ensure a driving distance of about 50-100 km. The equipment used by the charging stations was manufactured by ABB, an international company, and has 21 EU certificates, which guarantees not only high-speed charging but also safety of a charging process.
To make the use of new charging stations more convenient, STRUM Charging mobile application has been developed. This application is based on digital solutions developed by European programmers and is similar to applications used in 15 countries around the world at 9,000 charging stations. STRUM Charging is already available for downloading at PlayMarket and App Store.
“Solar and wind power stations, electric charging stations, and retail energy efficient products are an illustration of real efforts undertaken by DTEK to develop a new Ukrainian energy industry. Today, the energy sector is becoming a source of innovative digital technologies for other sectors of the economy. By extending the range of energy management consumer services, it improves the quality of life of communities. Finally, the new energy sector plays a decisive role in decarbonisation and makes countries and cities more environmentally-friendly. These targets coincide with the vectors of DTEK’s long-term strategy. Today, we create our own solutions and cooperate with the world’s leading companies to implement new-generation energy projects in Ukraine”, noted Oleksandr Onishchenko, DTEK’s Strategy and Business Development Deputy Director.
Addresses of STRUM high-speed charging stations
(Updated information is available on the web-site at strum.dtek.com and in STRUM Charging application):
1. TSUM, 38, Khreshchatyk Street, a car park (Level -1).
2. 101 Business Venter, 57, Lva Tolstogo Street, a car park, Level 3.
3. IG Business Centre, 13-15, Bolsunovskykh Street, a car park (Level -1).
4. Prospekt Shopping Centre (Auchan Hypermarket), 1B, Grata Khotkevycha Street, an open-air car park.
5. Domosfera Shopping Centre, 101 Stolychne Motorway, an open-air car park.
6. Magellan Shopping Centre, 13B Akademika Glushkova Avenue, an open-air car park.
7. RayON Shopping Centre, 4, Mykoly Lavrukhina Street, a car park (Level 3).
8. Astarta Business Centre, 58, Yaroslavska Street, a car park, an entry from Nyzhniy Val Street.
9. A filling station in Kyiv (to be opened before the end of June).
10. A shopping centre in Kyiv (to be opened before the end of June).